29. Two Questions That Will Open the Windows of Heaven
In the New Testament, there is an account of a rich young ruler who was also a follower of the Master, Jesus Christ. He was already keeping the commandments but asked Jesus a question we would all do well to ponder: "What lack I yet?"
When we break that question down into two modern questions and take them to the Lord, He can open the windows of Heaven for us:
1. What is the number one most important thing I can stop doing that will most transform my life?
2. What is the number one most important thing I can start doing that will most transform my life?
I call this practice trading up, and in this episode, I will teach you why it matters and how to use it to unlock the power of God in your life.
This Week's Shine Challenge:
Ask the Lord the two questions above, record His answers, and make a plan to implement them.
Want to join the STAND movement? You can start by downloading our manifesto: Covenant Women Who Stand. Read it and grab your free copy right here. You will also receive our weekly newsletter: 5 Quick Things.
P.S. I would love to start interviewing Latter-day Saint women from all walks of life about what it looks like to STAND with the Savior in their unique circumstances. We NEED your voice in our community! If you would like to be interviewed on the show, fill out this form.
1. What Lack I Yet? Larry R. Lawrence
2. Spiritual Treasures: Russell M. Nelson
3. We Can Do Better and Be Better: Russell M. Nelson
4. Eyes to See: Michelle Craig
5. A Framework for Personal Revelation: Dale G. Renlund
6. Give the Lord Your Loyalty: Spencer W. Kimball